Thursday, March 31, 2011

Ghost Rider (Old West) Premium Offer

The original Ghost Rider was a Western character created for Magazine Enterprises in 1949 by writer Ray Krank and artist Dick Ayers. First featured in Tim Holt Comics #11, the old west Ghost Rider quickly went on to feature in his own series. There's been a lot of ret-conning of this character, but this is the original and IMHO the best version of the western Ghost Rider.
Anyway, I recently ran across this ad from one of the original comics, circa 1950-ish.
I found another, similar ad on Pappy's Golden Age Comics blog, here.

 
Why don't they offer stuff like this anymore?!? This is awesome!
Well, old Xemnu got to wandering the 'net. And I found this auction at Hake's auction house. Apparently, it's one of only two existing samples of this premium!
 

 
Check out the nifty glow-in-the-dark feature!



Dang! I may have to craft one of these myself! I'll let you know if and when I do (I'm sort of a crafty alien-thing). Maybe I'll post pictures? Who knows?